Saturday, January 15, 2011

More nursery progress!

What a fun weekend!  

I picked the curtains up today (they were specially made from the same lady that did the blankets.. she is pretty much awesome).  I knew that she was going to be done with them today, so yesterday I went to Lowe's and got a curtain rod.  I'm kind of like a kid at Christmas time when I get stuff for the baby... I want to open it, set it up, test it out, etc immediately!!  And I didn't want to have to nag Brett to do it.  I figured that I am self-sufficient, I have my own set of tools (courtesy of Dixi and Brad - oh, and they are pink!), and I can do it myself.  So, I did.  I installed the curtain rod all by myself.  And it only looks a little bit crooked.  Am I being serious?  Why yes I am.  I installed the curtain rod at a slant.  Awesome.

So, after we got the curtains today, Brett helped me fix the curtain rod (and when I say that Brett helped me, I mean that he fixed it... by himself... I actually wasn't allowed to touch anything).  He told me that - although he thought it was sweet and cute that I took it upon myself to do it - next time just wait for him before I start putting holes in the walls.  So, it may have taken a little extra work, but the curtains are up!  Here is a picture.  (This was taken from my phone, and for some reason the light really shows through in the pic... It isn't that bad in person.)

No comments:

Post a Comment