Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Weekly Update


Weeks: 29
Cravings: Everything!!  I feel like I am just hungry all the time... I had a huge craving for pho this weekend, and I got some a couple of days ago.  It was everything I hoped it would be!
Aversions: None.  I wish that I actually did have some... Maybe it would keep me from eating so much. :-)
Sleep: You know, the same, which is not very much.  I had figured out a way to position the Snoogle that makes it much more comfortable.
Breakdowns: None!  Just severe exhaustion while running errands.  Me complaining like a 6 year old might have happened.
Significant Events: I had a doctor's appt today, and we are measuring right on track!  And today is officially the start 2 week appts... At least until March when we go to weekly appts.
What I Miss: Being able to eat without having to worry about heartburn!  I haven't even so much as thought about having a piece of pizza lately... 
What I’m Looking Forward To: Getting the furniture in, getting the nursery set up, getting the hospital bag pregpared... Oh, yeah... and having a baby!  I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl and see what our little baby looks like!
What I’ve Learned: There were two things this week... 1) My OB told me to start taking a DHA supplement today.  Apparently, this is an omega fatty acid, and you can take fish oil pills.  Well, I was looking through all of the bottles of fish oil pills, and most of them have on the label "No fish burps!".  Um, really?  Just the thought of having fish burps scared me enough that I went straight for the non-fish DHA supplements.  It was worth the extra $2.50, in my opinion.  2) There was leftover material from all the blankets and stuff, so I decided that I wanted to try to make something for the baby's room.  I decided on some decorative pillows.  I made them last night and this morning.  They were quite easy until it got to the point that I needed to sew up the final seam... that was a little tough.  Overall, I am not too bad, though!  I included pics so you can see what they look like.  (The back has the soft "minky" material!)
Belly Pic: This was taken this morning just before my doctor's appt.  Technically, 29 weeks and 1 day.  That plastic bottle that I am holding up is my glucose drink, that I had to force down before my appt this morning... It actually wasn't that bad.  Keep your fingers crossed that I pass the glucose test and don't have to have the long gestational diabetes screeing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment