Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekly Update

Avocado.jpg picture by abbyharalson
Weeks: 16
Weight gain/loss: +7 (that means that I gained 2 lbs. from last week... eek!)
Cravings: A giant turkey leg.  Okay, there is a story.  Since Amanda and Cody were in town this weekend, we went the a Renaissance Fair, which was actually pretty cool.  Anyways, one of the vendors had those gigantic turkey legs... You know the ones that are about the size of your face?  Well, Cody and I were going to split one, but I had had a late lunch, so we were going to wait until the end.  So, I patiently wait, knowing how delicious this turkey leg is going to be.  About 5 pm, we go up there to order our turkey leg... They are sold out!!!!   You serious, Clark???  Oh, it was a sad day.  So, since about Saturday at 5 pm, I have wanted a turkey leg - and I know that unless I decide to drive to a state fair somewhere, I will not be getting one.  Wah!!!  (that is me crying)
Aversions: Hmm... Nothing really notable this week.
Sleep: Well, I am finally getting some energy back, so that is nice.  But sleep is definitely getting more interesting.  I can no longer sleep on my stomach!  It is just too annoying.  I can do this side maneuver where I get a pillow under my belly, then kind of position myself like I am laying on my stomach, but really my belly is out to the side.  I have a feeling this will only last a couple more weeks until I am a full side sleeper.  Ugh.  I guess I can always dream about a snoogle.
Breakdowns: There was one.  I was basically sleep deprived, and I decided I didn't want to go to the Renaissance Fair because it cost $10 to get in and I thought it was free.  So, I cried and bawled about it.  And Brett just kind of chuckled and hugged me.  I swear, it is like while I am crying, Brett says, "Why are you crying?"  And through the sobs and tears, I say, "I don't know."  It is pretty funny... Just hormones, I guess.  But, hey, would you rather have a crying, sad hormonal pregnant lady or pissed-off, irate hormonal pregnant lady???  At least I am not the latter... 
Significant Events: I have officially retired my old jeans.  I tried to wear them the other day when we went out for lunch, and they are just too uncomfortable!  Let me clear one thing up... I CAN still fit into them.  CAN.  But I have to do this little "ponytail holder trick" to get them to stay buttoned, and then they end up folding over, and just being uncomfortable.  So, I give up!  I have two pair of Old Navy maternity jeans that are actually cute, AND comfortable.  I am just going with them from now on.
What I Miss: There really isn't anything this week. 
What I’m Looking Forward To: I want to feel flutters!  ::::stomps feet on ground like a 6 year old not getting her way:::  
What I’ve Learned: What have I learned this week?  Hmm... Well, I have learned that you might think you are smart, but pregnancy is smarter.  So, whatever you thought that you knew, well, you were wrong.  I thought I was getting a bump (finally!), but this week it seems to have regressed.  So, I guess I will wait a couple more weeks until I finally pop.  I just hope it happens by Halloween or else my costume isn't going to be near as cool.
Belly Pic:  Okay, folks.  Here it is.  As I just said, I think it has actually gotten smaller during the last two weeks.  And my straightening iron is broken.  Don't make fun of my hair.  
IMG_20101012_111923.jpg picture by abbyharalson

No comments:

Post a Comment