Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weekly Update

Weeks: 17 weeks (and 1 day, to be exact)
Weight gain/loss: I don't want to talk about it.
Cravings: Nothing in particular... Everything tastes good... Especially in large quantities.
Aversions: Nothing, really.
Sleep: I broke down and got a Snoogle!  Okay, well I got one on craigs list for 25% of what I would have paid at Target.  It is magical... It makes sleeping on the side so much easier.  And it is massive!  I'm pretty sure that when I am done being pregnant and stop using the snoogle, Brett is going to claim it.  If you haven't seen one, here is a pic.

Breakdowns: Well, I broke down and bought Halloween candy even though Halloween isn't for two weeks.  Does that count?  It is definitely crazy and self-destructive.
Significant Events: I had the first person ask me if I was pregnant yesterday!  I was so excited... My first thought was, "Maybe I am finally starting to look pregnant...".  And then she told me that I don't look like it, but she thought she heard someone mention it (she is in nursing class with me, but not someone that I normally talk to or know).  Aw, letdown.  That's okay, though.  It was still fun to have someone ask! 
What I Miss: Walking up stairs without getting out of breath.  Seriously people, this is not an exaggeration!  Brett made fun of me the other day for it.  "OMG.  Are you seriously out of breath after those stairs... (chuckle, chuckle)".  
What I’m Looking Forward To: Halloween!  I have a great costume that I will be sure to post pics of.  I am dressing up as the Hot Dog Eating Contest National Champion!  I have my shirt already, so I just need the rest of the costume.  I will, of course, use my bump to make it look like a ate a lot (for those who don't get it).  I'll post pics!
What I’ve Learned: Those cramps in my lower uterus that feel like a form of medieval torture, yeah, those are normal.  While that is good, it sounds like I have a few more to look forward to this baby is out.
Belly Pic: These are some of my new maternity clothes!  I normally am not an Old Navy fan (their stuff never fits me right!), but for some reason I love their maternity clothes!  They are cute and comfie.  I may never wear jeans with a zipper and button again (I mean it - never!).  
IMG_20101020_082603.jpg picture by abbyharalson

No comments:

Post a Comment