Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekly Update

Lime.jpg picture by abbyharalson
Weeks: 11
Weight gain/loss: +2/3 (depending on the day)
Cravings: Soups!  Mostly veggie soups.  And yesterday, strawberry ice cream (which is very bizarre, considering about 2 weeks ago I had a strong aversion to any ice cream).
Aversions: Chicken.  It used to be all meat, now it is just chicken.
Sleep: I have learned how to go to the bathroom and get back to bed without opening my eyes.  Other than my nightly visits to the bathroom, I am sleeping well... And I like to sneak in a nap on whatever days I can.  :-)
Breakdowns: Well, kind of one.  Brett and I were watching Marley and Me, which I had seen before, but apparently didn't remember any of it.  Anyways, they get to this part where she is 10 weeks pregnant and she is going to the doctor for an ultrasound.  But as they do the ultrasound, they can't find the heartbeat and it turns out the baby died.  I bawled... Like, sobbed for about 5-10 minutes.  Brett felt so bad... He just hugged me.  I know it is sad anytime you see that, but, man... That did it for me!  
Significant Events: I am officially no longer buttoning any of my jeans!  I wear a belt, and you pretty much can't tell that I don't have them buttoned.  They are just getting too tight!
What I Miss: Nothing... 
What I’m Looking Forward To: We have our NT scan in a little over a week.  For those who don't know, an NT scan will include ultrasound and bloodwork to see if the baby is at risk for birth defects... So, we will get to see Bulls-eye on ultrasound!  Dixi is in Wichita that week, so she is going to come with us.
What I’ve Learned: Hmm... I don't have very much wisdom this week.  I have learned that it is extremely hard to keep this big of a secret!  Good news tends to travel fast... 
Belly Pic: Eh, there isn't much of a change, but maybe I will take one later on... I swear you can't tell.  I just look bloated.
Edit: Okay... I took one... As you can tell from the pudge up top near my belly button, this is in no way, shape, or form an actual baby bump.  This is simply me indulging one too many times in my carb cravings... But, here it is...
IMG_20100907_170052.jpg picture by abbyharalson

No comments:

Post a Comment