Friday, November 5, 2010

We finally have agreed on one...

To say that Brett and I have a difference of opinion over names is like saying that I am a "little bit competitive".  We are on such different naming paths that I have worried that our child will actually be nameless... like, "Baby Boy Haralson" will be on the birth certificate.  Brett likes more traditional names, whereas I like names that are very unique and less common.

Well, today a miracle happened.  I actually suggested a name that Brett likes!  He said that on a scale of 1-10, he would give it a 9!!!  I am good, people. 

Now, said name will actually go unmentioned right now, as my dad already made fun of it, and I need some recovery time to get my feelings back to normal.  Yes, I know that he is an old grouch and it shouldn't hurt my feelings.  And, it doesn't technically "hurt" my feelings, but you want people to like the name you pick out, you know???  (Not that this name is "picked out" or "decided on"... You get the idea.)

BTW, if I were a boy, I was going to be named Adam.  My dad came up with the Abby/Adam choices.  So, I kindly informed him that I was not going to be using the same baby-naming method that he used... You know, the one where he opens up the baby book and picks the first name he sees.  (You can laugh... I am funny sometimes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment