Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Weekly Update



Weeks: 21 (and 1 day, technically)
Cravings: I am just craving all sorts of Thanksgiving food!!  Bring on the stuffing, mashed potatoes, pecan pie, etc.  I don't think that this has as much to do with my pregnancy than me just being ready for Thanksgiving!!
Aversions: None.
Sleep: It just keeps getting worse... I think that my body is preparing me for sleepless nights with a baby.
Breakdowns: None... I am not a beast, yet, anyways.  :-)
Significant Events: This is a big one!!!  We had our ultrasound today!  The baby looked great, measured at 21 weeks exactly, and was in the 44th percentile for weight, which is just about perfect.  The little stinker just slept through the whole thing and didn't want to move around for us.  S/he did do this little thing were s/he moved his/her mouth like it was talking... It was the sweetest thing, and Brett and I both liked that the best.  Here's the funny part: Apparently this little baby really wants to be a surprise, because the legs were curled up the whole time, so the tech said that she couldn't have gotten a view of the "parts" even if she wanted to!  She said that she could give us a guess, at best, but that she wasn't able to see the gender.  I told Brett that I guess it is just meant to be a surprise. :-)
What I Miss: Sleep
What I’m Looking Forward To: Brad and Dixi and Amanda coming into town!  It is going to be a good time... And hopefully we can get a lot of planning done with the nursery. 
What I’ve Learned: We registered this week... Wow!  There is so much baby crap that it is nearly impossible to know what the baby needs and what the baby will never use.  I read a book that went over different products and brands, so hopefully I did okay.  It is *very* overwhelming. 
Belly Pic:  Here it is from today, at 21 weeks 1 day.  Also, there's a bonus pic of baby's face!

No comments:

Post a Comment